Scope & Products:
- Steel Curtain Wall (3m High Spans)
- 60:60 Faceted Fire Rated Curtain Wall
- Structurally Glazed Doors and Screens
- Fire Rated Glass to Glass Butt Jointed Corners
- 60:60 Fire rated curtain wall system designed and installed by Propak to protect party wall lines.
- Glass weighing in excess of 300kg was craned in to place as access to the rear of the building was not accessible.
- Limited storage and access as space was confined to working in what is essentially a courtyard space.
- Faceted curtain wall system designed to match new structure
- Complicated weather lines and interfacing with copper over cladding.
Propak was appointed by the construction company Kind & Co to Design, Manufacture and Install a range of glazing systems for the external façade of the building at 2 Tabernacle Street, London.
Architecture studio Piercy & Company resurrected what was a fire damaged building in the trendy district of Shoreditch into a 6-storey office block with basement which features structural glazing, faceted curtain wall and an ornate brass façade.
The scheme has been commended in the ‘Office Buildings’ category of this year’s New London Awards. The awards recognise the best new and proposed architecture, planning and development in the capital.
From the street, the new 2 Tabernacle Street building looks much like its Victorian predecessor, which was almost entirely destroyed by a fire in 2010, but from the back it now boasts a golden structure with large balconies and 3m high windows.
The building now boasts a beautiful combination of modern design and period features and we were delighted to be part of this award winning project and having not only restored this Victorian gem back to life but also somewhere that people enjoy working in, every day.