Scope & Products:
- Heritage Thermally Broken Steel Windows (Front Elevation)
- 40mm Thermally Broken Steel Circular and Arched Window’s
- Curved and Arched Steel Curtain Wall
- Fire Rated Glass Core Doors and Screens
- 90:90 Fire Rated Steel Curtain Wall Over 6 Floors
- 60:0 Butt Jointed Fire Rated Screens Over 2 Floor
- 120:120 Fire Rated Glass Floor
- 120:120 Fire Rated Light Well Glazing
- Structurally Glazed Glass Roof
- Bespoke PPC Cill Flashings Integrated in to Circular and Curved Windows
- Actuators and smoke vents
- Fire Rated Steel Clad Panel Doors
- Rain Screen Cladding to roof
- Fire rated glass box
- Complex geometrically shaped apertures
- Very design intensive due to the numerous glazing elements and complex geometrical shapes
- Limited storage and access as space was confined to working in what is essentially a courtyard space.
- 400kg glass panes glazed by tower crane for 90:90 fire rated curtain wall
- Coordinating brickwork arches by generating templates for the apertures were within tight tolerance.
- Logistically challenging location, located on a tight and sensitive area of London on the corner of Pall Mall and St James Place, and opposite St James’s Palace.
We recently completed a project in the St James’s Conservation Area within Westminster – As expected with such a built up and protected area the project was on a very tight and sensitive urban site on the corner of Pall Mall and St James. The building is surrounded on 3 sides by 4 Grade II* listed buildings so great care had to be taken during the construction process.
The building is effectively split into two distinct parts, on the ground floor and above the scheme provides approx. 9000sq. ft of lettable office floor space whilst below ground level the new and refurbished basements extend BB&R’s existing Hospitality and Wine School facilities.
Propak were originally appointed by Galliford Try to undertake the internal fire rated glazing installation. However, during the design process Galliford Try were so impressed with the Propak’s unique offerings and exceptional knowledge they added several other products and services to the package including all the external facade and internal glazing.
Propak ended up designing, manufacturing and installing: Heritage Thermally Broken Steel Windows (Front Elevation), 40mm Thermally Broken Steel Circular and Arched Windows, Curved and Arched Steel Curtain Wall, Fire Rated Glass Core Doors and Screens, 90:90 Fire Rated Steel Curtain Wall Over 6 Floors, 60:0 Butt Jointed Fire Rated Screens Over 2 Floor, 120:120 Fire Rated Glass Floor, 120:120 Fire Rated Light Well Glazing, Structurally Glazed Glass Roof, Bespoke PPC Cill Flashings Integrated in to Circular and Curved Windows, Actuators and smoke vents, Fire Rated flush Steel Clad Panel Doors, Jansen Fire Rated Louvre, Rain Screen Cladding to roof and curtain wall and a Fire rated glass box. All the items were manufactured with Propak’s military precision and were delivered to meet the buildings original aesthetics whilst complying to the strictest regulations and complimenting the 4 Grade II listed buildings surrounding it.
The project demonstrated Propak’s vast ability to exceed expectations of their clients and create a finish that will be admired for years to come.