Scope & Products:
- £1m Contract Value: Design, Manufacture & Installation
- Jansen Steel Framed Thermally Broken Heritage Windows to Regent Street, Air Street & Glasshouse Street.
- Jansen Steel Framed Curtain Wall.
- Schuco Aluminium Fixed Screens.
- Refurbishment of Cast Iron Windows Surrounds.
- Jansen Steel Glazed Jansen Doors.
- Schuco Aluminium Doors to Stair Core.
- Grade II Listed Building within Regent Street conservation area meant adhering to tight logistical constraints and being sympathetic to to the overall environment through the course of the installation period.
- Very detailed design was required for the curtain wall as there were many complex interfacing details and weather lines.
- Accessibility and installation of the curtain wall system was difficult as it was enclosed in to a light well which was inaccessible from the ground floor where all deliveries were unloaded.
- Glass lifting equipment, suspended from the 6th floor scaffolding, was required to locate all glass for all 3m x 2m fixed lights and curtain wall, as this was the only route in that the glass could take.
This project was a refurbishment of a Grade II listed building (2415 sq m) in the heart of The Crown Estates Quadrant development, just off Regent Street in London.
The BREEAM Excellent proposed scheme saw high thermally performing steel windows installed across the three elevations of the building. Propak installed floor to ceiling 3m high curtainwall which spanned the top four floors (4, 5, 6 & 7) of the building to overlook the light well, along with full height aluminium windows to levels 2, 3 & 4. Additional space was formed in the double height mansard roof space, to lead out onto a new terrace which propak installed Jansen Janisol Doors.
The refurbished cast iron feature panels were refurbished to there former glory measuring an impressive 3m by 3m of thermally broken steel windows.
The BRREEAM Excellent runner up project combined old with new seamlessly and was a chance for Propak to show off what they do best – pairing old with new and making the old meet the newest requirements.