Scope & Products:
- Circa £400K Project
- 60/0 Fire Rated Heritage/Crittall Style Internal Doors and Screens
- 120/0 Fire Rated Screens
- 30/0 Fire Rated Curtain Wall with integrated Latticework inlays
- 30/0 Fire Rated Obscure Glazed Screens
- Laser Cut Signage
- Jet Ventilation Outlets
- Design Crittall Style Screens without compromising on the fire certification of the system
- Working in live retail area with very busy and difficult access
- Bespoke lattice work designed in to the fire screens
- Glazing 3m x 2m glass from the use of MEWPS due to restricted access
- Design of Panelling system integrated in to curtain wall to accept Jet Vent Circulation
Located on the busy junction of New Oxford Street and Bloomsbury, St George’s Court was completely refurbished by Kier London to offer a high specification office space for the developer London Regional Properties.
Propak were appointed by Kier London to undertake the design, manufacture and installation of new Crittall-style Fire Rated screens and doors to the core of the 9-storey office building and a large span floor to ceiling fire rated curtain wall to the double height reception.
The screens required a lattice work design to mimic the heritage style required throughout the building by award-winning architects Buckley Gray Yeoman.
In order to make certain the screens maintained their fire integrity with the bespoke lattice work design, Propak undertook a fire assessment so that the screens could be certified for sign off by building control. With this test in place we are now able to offer test evidence for this type of screen in the future using the same test certification.
This project not only required Propak’s skilled designers to create a finish that would match the heritage and beauty of the building but also the regulations it had to meet. It was a real challenge for our designers and manufacturers to produce something that met the design but also had the highest standards of fire protection -something that is not available on today’s market other than with Propak.